You can build Apache Druid (incubating) directly from source. Please note that these instructions are for building the latest stable version of Druid. For building the latest code in master, follow the instructions here.
Installing Java and Maven:
- JDK 8, 8u92+. We recommend using an OpenJDK distribution that provides long-term support and open-source licensing, like Amazon Corretto or Azul Zulu.
- Maven version 3.x
Downloading the source:
git clone email@example.com:apache/incubator-druid.git cd druid
Building the source
The basic command to build Druid from source is:
mvn clean install
This will run static analysis, unit tests, compile classes, and package the projects into JARs. It will not generate the source or binary distribution tarball.
In addition to the basic stages, you may also want to add the following profiles and properties:
- -Pdist - Distribution profile: Generates the binary distribution tarball by pulling in core extensions and dependencies and packaging the files as
- -Papache-release - Apache release profile: Generates GPG signature and checksums, and builds the source distribution tarball as
- -Prat - Apache Rat profile: Runs the Apache Rat license audit tool
- -DskipTests - Skips unit tests (which reduces build time)
Putting these together, if you wish to build the source and binary distributions with signatures and checksums, audit licenses, and skip the unit tests, you would run:
mvn clean install -Papache-release,dist,rat -DskipTests